WFP has trusted Mission Armenian since 2007 with storage and distribution of the donated food by WFP to Armenia.
- A number of European countries are main financial supporters of such program.
- WFP has selected Mission Armenia for its credibility, and capacity to conduct the food distribution
WFP and Mission Armenia cooperation is based on:
- Effective and successful past experience of working together;
- Mission Armenia’s non-stop long lasting operation in the field;
- Mission Armenia’s capacity, including premises (day care centers, warehouses) in Shirak region;
- Close cooperation between Mission Armenia and local authorities and state social services.
In May 2021, WFP donated about 600 tons of food to Armenia for distribution in Shirak region.
The food comes in form of food package and it includes buckwheat, wheat grain, pasta, rice, lentils, dry beans, sunflower oil and dried fruits without sugar.
Food package is established based on the minimum dietary intake 2100 kcal per day.
WFP in cooperation with Mission Armenia, this donation in May 2021 will provide support to 38,807 needy Armenians (approximately 12,127 households) in Shirak region.